High accuracy non-intrusive liquid level and interface level detection.
The LMT200 is based upon the magnetostrictive principle.
1. The device electronics generates a low energy current pulse at fixed intervals.
2. The electrical pulses create a magnetic field which travels down a specialized wire inside the sensor tube.
3. The interaction of the magnetic field around the wire and the magnetic float causes a torsional stress wave to be induced in the wire. This torsion propagates along the wire at a known velocity, from the position of the magnetic float and toward both ends of the wire.
4. A patented sensing element placed in the transmitter assembly converts the received mechanical torsion into an electrical return pulse.
5. The microprocessor-based electronics measures the elapsed time between the start and return pulses (Time of Flight) and converts it into a position measure-ment which is proportional to the level of the float.
- Calibrated from the factory
- High Accuracy: .01% of Full Scale or +/- 1.27mm
- Never Requires Re-Calibration: Set It & Forget It
- Easy setup with waveform display
- Not affected by agitation, foam or emulsion layers
- No oscilloscope required
- Designed to Mount Externally to K-TEK KM26 or other Magnetic Level Gauge
- Superior Sensor (Patent #5,473,245)
- Local Indication with HMI Display
- Dual Compartment Housing with Separate Field Terminal Compartment
- Loop Powered to 15.24m (50ft) Probe Length
- Total and/or Interface Level Measurement
- Temperature Range: -195.5 to 426.6ºC (-320 to 800ºF) with options
- Field Replaceable / Upgradable Electronics Module
- Built-in RFI / EMI Filter
- Digital Communications
- Online Self-verification
- Two Level Indications
- Glass Viewing Window
- 316 Stainless Steel Enclosure
- Built-in surge protection
Repeatability: ± 0.005% of Full Scale or 0.305 mm (0.012 in), whichever is greater
Non-linearity: ± 0.01% of Full Scale or 0.864 mm (0.034in), whichever is greater
Measuring accuracy: ± 0.01% of Full Scale or 1.27 mm (0.050 in), whichever is greater1
Supply voltage: 12 to 42 Vdc – 4-20mA HART loop powered
Output/Communications: 4-20mA HART7®
User Interface: Interactive display, DTM, EDDL with NE107 messaging
4-20mA: at 36.0 Vdc – 3.6mA 0.13 watts; 21mA 0.76 watts
at 12.0 Vdc – 3.6mA 0.043 watts; 21mA 0.25 watts
HART mode (4.0mA): at 36.0 Vdc 0.144 watts
at 12.0 Vdc 0.048 watts
Maximum line resistance:
4-20mA: at 36.0 Vdc and 21mA, 1142 ohms*
at 24.0 Vdc and 21mA, 571 ohms
at 12 Vdc and 21mA, < 72 ohms**
*Maximum allowable with HART® communication is 700 ohms
**See the current/resistance chart
HART mode (4.0mA): < 650 to 700 ohms
Polarity protection: 4-20mA, Diode in series with loop, FOUNDATION Fieldbus and Profibus PA, polarity insensitive
Update rate: 10 measurements per second
Minimum measuring span: 76.2 mm (3.0 in), consult factory if smaller span is required
Damping: Field Adjustable, Range: 0.1 to 60 seconds
Alarm output: NE43, Software or Hardware selectable. Upscale (21 mA) or Downscale (3.6 mA)
Surge Suppression Integral surge suppression available with option code S1
Ambient temperature: -40 to 85ºC (-40 to 185ºF) Ambient2
Humidity: 0 to 100% RH
Linearization: 21 Point Table Available
Enclosure: Dual Compartment
Enclosure material: Cast Low Copper Aluminum with Powder Coat or 316 Stainless Steel
Device tag material: AISI 316 Stainless Steel
Electrical connection: Two M20 x 1.5 or two 1/2in. FNPT, adapters and bus connectors also available
Ingress protection: IP66, NEMA 4X
Standard: 316/L Stainless Steel
Options: Alloy 20, Hastelloy® C-276, FEP-TEFLON® jacketed, electropolished 316/316L Stainless Steel, others on request
Standard probe length: 304.8mm to 15.24 m (1 to 50 ft); 90 degree probes (SEH Option) 304.8mm to 7.62m (1 to 25 ft)
Probe length tolerance:
± 3.2mm (0.125in) up to 3.0m (10ft); +/- 6.4mm (0.25in) up to 6.0m (20ft);
± 9.0mm (0.35in) up to 9.0m (29.5ft); +/- 25.4mm (1.0in) up to 15.24m (50ft)
Mounting: Stainless Steel Clamps for KM26 Magnetic Level Gauge Chamber Included; Optional Vibration Isolation Mounts
1 Measurement accuracy is recorded at factory ambient conditions (23.88 °F +/-5.6 °C (75 °F +/-10 °F)) using a calibration magnet. Accuracy may be further influenced by
other factors such as float hysteresis, installation, process conditions and ambient conditions.
2 Some agency approvals may differ.
Catalog and Questionnaire List